A Dream on the Brink of Becoming a Reality

I cannot fall asleep again! Well, in fact, there is no need for me to complain here since i pretty much sleep only after 3AM! Anyways, I am not here to go on and on about my sleep patterns. I am here to talk about my pub!

I remember mentioning my interest in running a pub here, and well so far, though nothing has materialised yet, we pretty much are on the right track. We have managed to sort of decide on the favourable location. It's true that no leasing contract has been signed yet, but I've already talked to the potential owner of the small villa we wanted to rent and she seemed pretty understanding. Also, we finally reached the consensus about the concept of the pub. However, it is not wise to disclose the information about the concept of the pub here. The meetings we have had so far undoubtedly bear fruitful results. We are getting more confident each day now. The only big concern we are having now is the operation management of the pub since it's daunting. We have read quite a lot about the operation itself, and the truth is the more we read, the more we realise that there is much more to the management than meets the eyes! But I cannot thank people around me enough for their support and assistance. We are meeting up with the owner of Brewhouse this coming Friday to ask him about his management skills, thanks to Mina for her network. Then of course, we have Gech, who is willing to step forward and be our designer when she comes back from the UK, not to mention Nyta who will help out with designing the logo of the pub. And of course there are so many other friends who couldn't be any more helpful! 

The whole idea of running a pub was just a dream, and now look at how the dream is evolving! But yeah, if there is one thing I've learnt from this back-breaking process, it has to be the fact that we need a great amount of passion to be able to break down walls and move mountains. The more I am involved in it, the more I am inspired to make it happen. There is no doubt success is not guaranteed but for better or for worse, there are many valuable lessons that I've learnt from the whole process and that I will learn along the way.

I haven't told my family yet, though. I wanna get better prepared and wow them with my empirical research--i mean, at the end of the day, I would need investments from them too.

Wish me luck! I don't know when I am going to update this blog again. Who knows? Maybe the next time I write something here, I might already be an owner of a pub!

Comments

super cool! good luck!
Sopha said…
awesome, hope it would be ready by my next visit so I could maybe get free drinks? :D
Brewhouse? Well, no offense but I think they just copy from Brown. Hehe.. So yeah, best of luck! And of course I'm expecting a free drink.
Vendy said…
Thank u guys
Sopheary said…
Can't wait to see your pub.

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

A Deep Ocean of Secrets