That One Book That Impacted Me So Much

Let me get this straight: I am not the self-help-book person! I do not go to a bookstore, hurry to the "Self-Help" Section, glimpse through the covers of the new arrivals on the shelf, and buy one home! At least … not before I read "Act Like a Success, Think Like a Success". 

It was one of those days when I was off the hook from work, and as part of my routine, before watching a movie, I would walk into The Monument Bookstore, just one floor below the cinema. I had no particular book in mind then, but even if I did, I would not be willing to spend money on any when I could get access to plenty of free pirated ebooks (thanks for not judging me). The widely-beaming bald man with super white teeth and in a suit-and-tie fashion was staring straight at me from the cover of a book as I took a few steps closer to the shelf. I had known Steve Harvey ever since I started watching those talk shows, and who wouldn't have when his name was always associated with The Family Feud? Just to kill the time, I decided to flip through a few pages, and began reading. I finished one page after another. And before I knew it, I was standing there for almost an hour, and I was already somewhere halfway through the book. There were moments of adrenaline rushing down my spine as I processed some of the things he wrote. It was no doubt I felt empowered. Motivated. Ready. By far, this had been the ONLY self-help book which impressed me to the point where I knew I had to get it from the shelf! So I bought the book. I even went as far as downloading the audio files so that I could listen to him in the car, and during my bicycle ride. 

Okay! Since I have limited experience reading self-help books, I do not know whether other books of the same genre could possibly have that kind of impact that this book has had on me. I would really love to recommend this book to anyone who is at this point in life who feels you are tired with your own routines and you sort of feel you are going in circles. If you are that person, then you might wanna give it a try. But then if you are not at that stage yet, maybe just give it a pass!

Comments

I'm at that stage but nope! pass!! :D
Sopheary said…
I wanna read his book "Act Like A Lady, Think Like a Man."
@gaara, okay -.-

@pheary, he wrote that book, too, i think? Give it a go then
Sopheary said…
Of course, he did write that book, too. The cover of this book reads that. lol
Hahaha go read that book and give me a review

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

A Deep Ocean of Secrets