Ambivert

Yup, I am going down with flu again for the hundredth time--or more, all thanks to biking in the rain for two days in a row. I don't regret one bit, though. I enjoyed every minute of the ride! Anyways, because I am sick, a close friend of mine called me up to steam it all off and probably get some massage, but I turned him down. Okay, this is the thing about me: I am an ambivert!

I have come across quite a number of articles about ambiverts and have even taken some online personality quizzes to see if I really fit into that category. And yes, I do! You see, there aren't just two ends of a continuum: black and white, good and bad, happy and sad, introvert and extrovert. Life would be so much easier with just two categories. So I fall into the third category: the ambivert. I am an introvert and an extrovert on different occasions. I am super sociable when I know I need to build up networks with people in the same career field, but I also enjoy the luxury that doing things solo has to offer. I sometimes like being in a group discussion, sharing and listening. But sometimes I just don't wanna talk at all, not even to the closest people I know. It feels like I can be so socially active at one moment, and the next when my battery runs out, I lock myself up in solitude and just … recharge. The research shows that there is a high likelihood for ambiverts people to succeed because they really know how to communicate well, not too much and apparently not too little, making their interpersonal skills very admirable. 

To be honest, I always go around, babbling about how much of an introvert I am on the inside, but surprisingly, a lot of my friends think I am an extrovert. But now it all makes sense! I am the gray version of the black and white. And going back to my friend's case! I can tell he sometimes doesn't understand the hot-and-cold switch inside me. I could be loud and chatty when I'm all charged up. But during a moment like this when I'm sick and tired, I just wanna be on my own, doing my things, without having to talk. Given his chatty nature, he can't be still for five minutes. If we don't talk for five minutes, he thinks something is not right, and therefore, he comes up with all sorts of topics to get me involved. My usual self with lots of energy wouldn't mind, but on a day like this, the idea of it all already exhausts me. I remember telling him how i want some quality time by myself, and that whole concept of watching movies alone doesn't make any sense to him in his world. 

So yeah, you guys know me! I am in between, and being in between is awesome! It's like getting the best from both worlds!

Comments

Sopheary said…
I've never thought you're an extrovert. You're so an ambivert to me.
I thought he's an extrovert.. but fair enough, I've never hanged up with him.. hehe...

So the fact that u r between male and female is also a good thing? :D

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)