Youta--The Great Sun

People say life is a miracle, and yes, this little young man is a living miracle. His name is KONG Youta. "Youta" is a Japanese word meaning "great sunlight/sun", and I can proudly say I am the uncle who came up with this name for him. Uncle, yes. I am officially an uncle. Anyway, he was born on the 13th of September, 2015 at Bumrungrad Hospital when the clock struck 10:28AM. He has brought so much joy to both families though we might handle his birth differently.

Never a day has passed without my parents constantly demanding to see their grandchild. Even though they don't sometimes get to see him in person, they still constantly ask for his pictures from my brother, the father of the child, through LINE since we have a LINE family group. For the time-being, every decision made in the family concerns Youta since we all want to make sure he gets the best upbringing. Watching how my parents have been handling the whole we-are-the-grandparents-now situation melts my heart. It opens my eyes more to the inexhaustible amount of love they have showered us with. 

My brother and sis-in-law are apparently worn out now from the lack of sleep after two weeks of welcoming the young Youta to the world. But from observation, there is so much joy and love hanging in the air between the tiny little family consisting of my brother, sis-in-law, and Youta. Now they are complete! Dreams, goals, jobs and a lot of other important aspects of their lives are on hold. It is amazing how huge an impact a child as little as Youta can bring out in their lives. I can't be more happy for them.

Me? I love my nephew! I have to admit before his birth I never thought i would be able to love a baby as much as I do love my nephew now. I mean, babies are cute and all, but to have the feeling of wanting to see the baby smile, or to experience the pain when seeing the baby cries the way Youta is alien to me, and I love feeling it that way. I like to watch him sleep. In fact, I can watch him sleep for hours. It is just indeed a miracle of life, and maybe I love him loads because I love my brother very much too? I love how he looks at me when i call his name. His eyes are beautiful. I can't help but wonder what kind of thoughts he could possibly be having at two-week-old. 

Hopefully, when Youta grows up and knows better English than his uncle, he will be able to read his post some time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)