As an invigilator

Just to keep you guys informed about what i have been up to these few days! Well, i am sure that those of you who have just paid a visit to Icebreaker's blog are fully aware that we, the teacher trainees, are put through this practicum at PREAH SISOVATH HIGH SCHOOL, which is going to last for ONE FULL MONTH, much to our frustration! Maybe it is not a big deal to you guys out there since you haven't the foggiest idea of what kind of self-tribulation we will have to get through.
Anyway the first week keeps me so preoccupied both physically and mentally with the so-called position as an invigilator. Never in a million years have i ever given a damn second to think about being an invigilator! You know what, guys? i witness cheating with my own naked eyes, and to make matters worse, i can do nothing but stand still hugging myself pretending that i am not seeing them attempting to cheat at all. It comes as a blow to my conscience, but then i cannot just stick up for what i believe in while the whole world out there is actually in favour of cheating! Not when my whole academic life is in their hands, of course! (Breathe a sigh of relief)...thanks God! Tomorrow is the last day for the exam already, or else i would have to take a sick leave or something.
But then in a way, it makes me feel proud of myself! I mean, this time i step into the class, not as a student but as a teacher--or so i am addressed! And the students always bow their head whenever they walk past me, a symbol of respect! Anyway, this is just the end of the beginning...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh well, cheating, corruption are somethings that our country need to improve!
Sopheary said…
Hey, Ven, just a few words to remind you that when those students bow their heads in front of you, it means that you're old. Hehehee...anyway, good luck for the practicum. I know u'll be able to do it with a good result.
Barbie said…
Ven>> I was one of those you mentioned (^,^) Hmmm.... I think I might be alot better cuz I only cheat with memorizing subjects only. Heh Heh Smart BarBee, right? Ooopsss I'm intentionally flattering myself here. Wat an insect!!!

Hey, even I.F.L is not perfect, but they can effectively control the testing system very well. So, yeah, I'm proud of myself cuz I have never cheated or even attempted to cheat at all. Its all from my head :)
Unknown said…
To Vattey: Yeah, we really need to improve all that, but this is because of the poverty i guess...

To PM: haha what a funny word, PM! cuz he's old, so how come those students bow me too? I guess i'm not as old as ven haha :P hei, anyway this is what we called RESPECT :) that's what we're really proud of.

To Barbee: Oh no, barbee, ouy ta cheat, any subjects, also called CHEAT u know.. so dun flatter urself haha.. see? I didn't even flatter myself :P wah haha... I know no one is perfect, but we should try our best to make the imperfect thing perfect, but do this alone cannot help! IFL is gud i think so.
Pagna said…
Help...!
I am sick of that practicum now!
Wish one month will be over soon!
To Vattey: you are right! It pains me when i see them destroying their own future with their own hands...Wish the Minsitry of Education would do something!
To Vattey: you are right! It pains me when i see them destroying their own future with their own hands...Wish the Minsitry of Education would do something!
To PM: Me old? Nah...believe it or not, there was this student who asked me a surprising question. Guess what he asked? Well he took me for an actor in one of the commercial spots. Hehehe...Thanks, anyway, and i'll do my best!
To BarBEE: Well, you did! but good that you are not doing it anymore...yeah...IFL can't tolerate cheating! And i am sure you are very familiar with the cliche that goes, "cheating is an academic crime". Actually i think if we look closely we'll see that there is not so much of external control. In fact, students in IFL are internally controlled by their pride and conscience. One of them is ME...hehehe
To Hour: Hey , man! DUn make me look so old! i have just turned twenty...bUt yeah you are right! tHey bow out of respect for us, not cos we are old or anything...
To Pagn: Listen, one month can be very long for us now that we have so many things to cope with, but i am sure we all can do it well, given our brains!!( i am not flattering just you, pagn! i am flattering myself too)
Unknown said…
Oops, u're not that old actually, but what i'm sure of is that u're older than me :P lolz.. still not old, i agree, merely 20.

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)