Reflection of Singapore Trip

Well, I guess the time has come for me to do a bit of reflection over my 5-day trip in Singapore. True enough, it is anything but easy to condense my thoughts and everything into just one entry. I think no matter how lengthy it might be, it is not going to really convey my innermost feeling about the trip. My bad! My bad! I should have written five entries for my trip, each one written out at the end of each day. Never mind! Let me just try to give a generalized statement here! It was FUN and MEMORABLE! Despite the fact that Pheary and I had to squeeze into this really really " space-deprived" rented room somewhere near Botanic Garden, we had as much fun as we would otherwise have had staying in a more spacious room. But then the major problem was with the bathroom!! It was not really like a bathroom given the truth that I could barely move each time i was taking a shower, and to make matters worse, it was more like a toilet!! However, it was cheap, only 30 bucks per person per night. It would have cost us a fortune if we had opted for a hotel in the first place.

Anyway, too bad that I didn't have a chance to meet all the Cambodian friends there. Their schedules were just too packed. I did have a lot of fun with Pheaktra, Mov, Nan, Vattey, Bong Sim, Bong Meng and his gf, and Pheara, though. I managed to visit those places I had always wanted to, and also managed to catch two movies. K-boxing was fun, so was clubbing! To be honest, i was feeling quite high after the third glass of beer. When i say "glass", I am not referring to the regular size you normally use at home. And yeah barbecuing was fun too though i was teased by those guys over my lack of expertise in wrapping the corns with the aluminium foil lolz...I made a tremendous improvement after being lectured by Pheaktra lolz...That night they all stayed over at my place. It was small, yeah, but big enough for six fully-grown adults to squeeze in, and i remember playing this really hilarious game with them. It's like we were supposed to take turns creating the storyline. Very funny indeed! They always came up with "losing memory" as the resort to twist the plot of the story, and we then were laughing so loud that the guy next door banged real hard on our door hahhaa...

On our last night in Singapore, this silly thought crosses my mind, so on impulse Pheary and I purchased two tickets for the nighttime show for No Enough Money 2. The movie was so touching that we were moved to tears. So after the show, which was like 12 something, instead of taking a cab back to our place, we decided to take a night stroll from Marina Square to Botanic Garden. Can you imagine? But it was not exhausting because Pheary and I were having so much fun chit chatting about life in general as we walked. By the time we reached our room, it was 2am already. No time for resting! We immediately started packing our stuffs, and at 4am the taxi arrived to pick us up for airport! That's it for my Singapore trip! I am going to remember to those days in many years to come...

(photos are coming...:-)

Comments

Unknown said…
envy u guys!! u guys had so much fun!!! hahah small room? no problem lah... cuz u two shared the same ROOM lolz...
Unknown said…
hehhe hei, hei, photos come faster, can't wait to see ... :P ur description make me want to see more...
Hahahhaa...wait till you see the so-called shower room! Photos?hahaha....hahaha....my bad!! my bad!! Every time i come to the internet shop i never remember to copy those pics into my flash...Be paitent!!
Hmm, it sounds like you rented a motel or hostel room. In a big place like Singapore, space is really expensive. Ugh, you should try Hong Kong, its much more expensive there. Still, you had a great experience seeing everything in Singapore. Being close enough to the Botanical Gardens is a great advantage.

Dont forget to visit me and drop me a note under comments =) Looking forward to seeing you on my spot!
Unknown said…
hahha look forward to those pics then!
To Bridge:thx bridge for dropping by again:-) yeah it's expensive! Almost everything is:-) Hong Kong? yeah would like to go there one day, but for the time being, needa save up some money first:-)

To Ice: sorry dude!! Been absent from this blogging world for a while...and i have to admit that when it comes to uploading pics, i really hate waiting!!!
Unknown said…
yeah, sometimes i've been absent for weeks too! lolz :D

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)