Just my insight into...

It pains me to the core when I witness how dreams and hopes have been shattered beyond repair by the power of love. Maybe love is a necessary evil in a sense! With my eyes, I watch from the distance how friends, relatives and acquaintances stumble into the overwhelming realm of love and never come out unscathed. The moment they step out over that threshold, they will never be the same again. Scattered all over their bodies are wounds, too deep to even heal without leaving scars. And in my attempt to help them out of the misery, it suddenly dawns upon me that there is so much I can say yet so little I can do. Nobody can make things right for them again but the two parties involved. Usually, they are not left with many choices. They either have to move on, trying to convince themselves each day that they are perfectly fine, or they remain stuck wherever they are, holding onto this small hope that things will just be different one day though deep down they know it is not going to happen. Either way, at least they know what they are heading for, what is standing in the way, and what their final destination is.

“Time is the greatest healer of all” is a cliché so pervasive among them nowadays. Sad as it may sound though, waiting for this greatest healer to heal can be eternal. Fully aware of this fact, a lot of them resort to a short-cut to get themselves away from all the haunting pain and images. They do the heart transplant—of course, figuratively! The old, sick hearts are removed, and the new, healthy ones are transplanted. It takes quite a while before they are able to adapt to the new hearts that are beating right under their ribs. I remember being told once by a good friend of mine that doing that is like “giving ourselves a chance and at the same time, giving others a chance too.” And of course, it goes without saying that it can perform a miracle. However, just because it works out for some of them does not mean it will for everyone. Or at least it does not work for me that way. But for now, it seems the best way out for heart-broken souls!

However, I am not holding a negative view towards love in general. There are a lot of couples out there who are taking great pleasure in their steady relationships. And each day they are amazed at how this power of love can make problems and obstacles suddenly seem so small and so easy to handle. They are amazed at how this power of love has pushed them to do incredible things, things that used to be beyond their reach. And because of this power of love, for the first time, they feel it is worth living.

Love is cruel at times, but we cannot live without it. And I feel that we should love ourselves more than we love others.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay...finally i can read another meaningful insight from genius ven. :)
Sopheary said…
I'm not sure what I'm gonna say will sound far-fetched, but it seems to me that what u're trying to say is that u're so broken-hearted that getting over her is kind of impossible.
Anonymous said…
I think I better say "I have no comment" for this!
To Pheaktra: genius? hehehe...got goosebumps on my arms now heheh...
To PM: Why in God's name do you think i was talking about myself? Come on...it was my insight into this love problem. And it has very little to do with me. I mean, i was not trying to say about me being heart-broken and all. Sigh...so you've always got this stereotype that i like complaining about my love prob?
To Vattey: No comment? Well...at least you have read and undertood what iw as trying to say,r ight?
Barbie said…
You're not heart broken, but your writing reflects upon ur thoughts and feelings. Keh Keh...Watever, hopefully ur heart is the best every, not the bleeding one :P You need my magical bandage??? Lolz... I still have some left, I can share ya. :)
Anonymous said…
Of cause I do know everything even if you dont write about it. Only the one who has been in the fire knows how hot the flame is!
oops! It's elder's problem here! Hehe... maybe a kid like me shouldn't say a word... hahaa... :P
Rithy said…
I dont have much to say here, but regarding your heart transpant thing, i think its not as easy as ABC to transplant a heart coz the heart you're talking about here is the physical heart.its a heart that is full of unforgettable momery, full of love and hope. It may take years to have it transplanted, or it could never be transplanted at all until the person him or herself comes up and says:" ok, i've had enough. I dont need this heart anymore!"
To BarBEE: Well, i was not complaining about myself! Anyway, still got some left? Come on...with those, i am sure you can halp loads of people out there. So after all, you are a MAGICAL insect?heheheh....
To vattey: right...only those who HAVE BEEN in the flame know how hot it is! And yeah...i was one of them, so yeah...at least i know sth too!
To gaara: Come on...i am sure you have experienced this kind of thing before too, am i right?? Dun try to be so innocent!
To Thy: right! It is never easy to do this transplant this, but of course MANY have done that, you know! i mean, they haven't completely got over their crush yet but then they find another one and suddenly fall in love with that one. If you notice, there are some AROUND us too, dude!
Rithy said…
To Ven:
Oh there are some around us???? hehe....dude, you are being funny. are you talking about Tro and Nory?????
To Thy: hehehe....right, i was refering to them, dude:-)
Sopheary said…
Are you guys talking about the Great Couple? Hehe...I would like to call them 'the Great Couple' coz, obviously, they're great. :-) Happy for them..
Anonymous said…
yo ven, as always entitled, you are a love expert. man... this writing mirrors reality about love which is like a two-edge sword. you've always been a dear friend trying to be there when friends call your name to cheer them up, consult, console....blah blah blah or one more borrow too. yeah, love is just a like a well, that you may see the surface but you may not be able to tell how deep it is. there are only two parties involved ,as you said, who understand everything in there well. two people in love seems to own a world where no outsiders ever understand how sweet and bitter their love is. knowing that love can be either pain or happiness, people never stop falling in love. you know what we can't live without love cos we eat love like food to gain unseen protients to continue our breath.

hope to see more of your writing soon. bye borng khmao
Anonymous said…
Borng Khmao? That sounds hilarious. Hehe...good job, Potatoe. Anyway, Ven, can I call you Borng Khmao, too? Hehe...
Anonymous said…
Hi Vendy.. This is the first time i'm leaving a comment in ur blog haha.. i had been there myself to feel the love and the pain that came along with it... i totally agree with every word u wrote..
By the way, i really really like all of ur stories.. i can't wait to read more...
To Mr. Potatoe: Wow...you sound more like an expert now!! Would like to consider a position of LOVE CONSULTANT at my company?heheh...Crap!!! Anyway, good that you show up here, dude:-)...Hope you'll create a blog of your own very soon too:-)
To PM: I am sorry!!! You are not entitled to address me by that very name chosen carefully by my very friends...hehehe...kidding lah...you may, but not here, PM!
To Leakhenan: HEY HEY....I am more than just glad to see you here and to know that you have been a big fan of my blog too:-) But i think it is not so fair here! You can read all about me, but i can't read anything at all about you. Why dun you create one too so that i know what is going on on your side? What do you say??
Anonymous said…
hm.. i'm just too lazy to create a blog lol.. some more i have nth to write about, not a genius like you.I don't like writing, i rather do maths ha...
To Leakhenan: hehehe...a genius? ok i take it as a compliment lol...right, solving maths problems can be fun...anyway,then it's good enough if you read my blog often hehehe...

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)