Belated Christmas!

I have been going down with this terrible flu for three days now. I have to admit that it sucks feeling sick like this. My throat hurts every time I swallow something, and I feel strangely cold despite the absence of snow here in Cambodia.

Anyway I did not celebrate Christmas this year, and if there is such thing as weird, this should be it! I remember those many years back when I celebrated Christmas with my classmates in class. We were always the loudest, noisiest class in our building. People would bring in musical instruments like guitars or a keyboard to class, and we would then start singing and dancing like mad. We would also exchange gifts, which was a bit lame for our age lolz... We all would laugh so loud that people in our neighboring classes could not help but wonder what the heck was going on.

A few days before Christmas, i had this conversation with one of the senior lecturers at IFL, and while we were talking about whether we should allow our students to celebrate Christmas in class, he complimented on how talented my class used to be. And I guess there was every truth in it! We could sing. We could dance. We could act. We could do those crazy things that people were so shy about. And we could also work really hard to pass tests and exams. Could there be a better class than this?

One day prior to Christmas Eve, my students sought my advice about whether they should celebrate Christmas in class. And I was quick to encourage the idea! I was fully aware that the school had never been so fond of this idea, but I knew it too well that students would not be in the mood to pretend that they were interested in the lesson while half of the world's population out there were celebrating. Besides I wanted to sow the seed of class integrity and long-lasting friendship. I wanted them to understand and realize how it would feel like having a class that they could not help thinking about all the time in those many years to come after their graduation.

Anyway I spent my Christmas day at my cousin's wedding reception, rushing here and there lending a hand. Though it was very exhausting, i enjoyed what I did. This cousin of mine has always been one of the closest to me and my bros. She is more like a sister to us! I can't believe that she is married now! Suddenly so many cousins of mine are married. And this actually means that they have got their own family to look after and to care about, and that they have less time for fraternal relationship now. We can't freeze time, can we? Anyway, Merry Belated Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The end. The destination.