Gone and Remained!

I hate it when I always have to begin my entries with synonyms of the word "sorry", but I guess i could not find a less cliche word to express how sorry i am for failing to stay committed to blogging!

Anyway, now that Potato has gone, we start to feel that something is missing when we meet. The unusual silence that hangs in the air is unavoidable. And the fact that we are going to see him again only in another two years and a half tears us apart. It feels weird without his presence, and even weirder when people suddenly become so rapt in thoughts that they keep silent most of the time. With him around, he was always the ice breaker, babbling about this and that on and on till he got us in stitches. Wish you all could have seen the look on his face when he was waving goodbye to us from the escalator at the airport. He was trying to look "happy", but any fools could tell that he was faking it--he was almost in tears!

Well I have never liked the idea of seeing friends off. For one thing, it is heartbreaking to see your close friends wave goodbye to you. But then at the same time I always feel that it is my duty as a friend to at least tap your friend on the back or to give my friend a comforting hug, for any of these gestures could say more than words alone can.

Anyway, I think the first few weeks for him is going to be torturous. It is the critical time that people usually break down, hugging their knees and drowning themselves in silent tears. This is going to be a very important transitional period for him. I used to experience myself so i sort of know how it feels like to be alone all by yourself on a country so familiar yet so foreign at the same time.

We are now planning to have another year-end trip to KS, but it pains me to admit that I doubt the possibility of its existence. People start to give you that I-am-not-sure answer, and it is indeed demoralizing. Well, I know Potato is one of the "core" members in our gang, but that does not necessarily mean that we have to give up on this friendship when he is not around. We all should embrace the truth and for God's sake, we have to move on with or without him.

You readers who are not in any way related to our gang may ask, "Why the big fuss?" We are close, very close indeed, and this is what is happening!

Comments

Sopheary said…
I can feel most, if not all, the pain in you through your writing. It reminded me of the moment I was standing on the same escalator, doing the same thing as Potato did--waving with smiles on my lips and tears in my heart.
Unknown said…
Anyone could tell how sad he was and looked at that time despite the fake smile he made. I felt like someone's gone from me u know. I hate that kind of feeling so much. But the more I hate it, the more I run to it. Ven, u know what, reading ur entry make me sad... really sad... I can say ur writing skill now has improved. or I was too emotional?

Talking about the trip, Ven, this time no matter what, i'll be there. Who's going or who's not doesn't concern me. Well, sometimes I felt that they don't even want a last trip with me. Maybe it's the last trip before i'm gone u know. The final result will be made in February.
Anonymous said…
dudes, i'm fine. Here, i don't cry myself to sleep. I'm not upset but my stomach is upset. I'm still gay, no worry.

thanks yall so much
Anonymous said…
Ven, u're slower at replying comments now.

Potato, guess it's time u started updating your blog.
Unknown said…
I'm glad you're still gay man.. cool... how come you let your stomach get upset? heheh can't eat a lot or what??? or u're pregnant now? :D
hmm.. i dunno what to say but it's kinda sad reading what u wrote there. Same question like kamab hour, is it because u write it well, or I got a bit emotional already? Hmm.. ur words just remind me of sth.. yeah.. leaving is a painful moment for me, yet no meeting last forever.. so bad so bad...
Unknown said…
Merry Christmas guys! :) All the best for Christmas and year ahead! :D
To PM: yeah i am sure you knew it! I think it is not so good to cry silent tears, you know!!!
To hour: guess it's your emotions dude!! You relate this entry to how you feel, that;s why you were feeling the way you felt...
To potatoe: dude, i know you are fine. Physically, at least!!! Glad that you are still gay cos gay is happy, right?
to gaara: only people who experience sth like this can understand how it feels like. I guess you are one of those that's why you can feel the sadness too...

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The end. The destination.