23/03/09

The clock in this room has just struck 6. These days at this hour the sky still remains a long stretch of silver with some dark patches of clouds. As i am typing this entry, I could feel the light touch of the wind that is wafting in and out of this room. The soft music gives another helping hand to set just the right mood for blog writing. Despite the fact that the seat i am perching on is anything but a comfortable cushion, I am satisfied with the facilities and services and the atmosphere this place has got to offer. It would be a whole lot more dramatic, though, if i could hear the falling raindrops slashing against the window pane right now! Too bad that the dark clouds these days dispel into smaller colorless particles after just some hours.

I love rain. I love how it can magically make one who is on the verge of breaking down feel rejuvenated all of a sudden. I want all the uncertainties and the anxieties and those tiny little bad things that are weighing me down to be washed away by rain. As a kid, I loved walking and running in the rain, and the best part was to be sitting on the wet earth with an umbrella in one hand. The umbrella served as a shelter for me. As ironic as it might sound, I felt so warmed at heart sitting there shielded by the umbrella though my entire body was trembling as the coldness of the rain set in. That was how I knew what it was like to feel warm despite the harsh exterior coldness.

And now I miss that experience badly! I want to feel that kind of warmth again. Life to me now is one long hallway with doors on both sides. And behind those closed doors lie things which elude the possibility of my prediction. All I know is there are really nasty stuff, but there are good ones too. Leading a life like this is kinda tiring. After slaving away some good moments of my life at the workplace, I expect to have some really nice short breathers. But the funny thing is I get stressed out by the bare fact that I HAVE NOTHING TO DO. So either way I am always stressed out! To make matters worse, I could barely feel the warmth in the presence of my close friends. I feel that there are things that are lurking deep down in the bottom somewhere behind that straight face. Things that they prefer to keep locked up! And the gang is shrinking in size. I cannot imagine my Saturdays without them!

Comments

Unknown said…
Neither can I imagine how my Saturday will be like without your presence. I don't know how I'm gonna miss you guys then. Maybe deeply as you ever thought. Remember I'll always be there for ya rain or shinny!!!
Sopheary said…
I love rain too. RAIN...Just the word itself sounds soothing already. But dunno why I don't like rain here. Rain in Cambodia can attach me to it way better than rain here.

Yeah, we'll always be there for you no matter how bright or gloomy the sky is. :-)
Thanks, you two! I know you two can always lend me shoulder to lean on from the distance!!!
Anonymous said…
ah...love walking in the drizzling rain. :D

Anyway, i'm terribly sorry for being busy while you were online.I didn't know you came for such a short time!!! Next time, stay longer! I could not even say anything to you yet and you disappear!

Please be sure that i'm just an email or a text or a phone call away. :D If i'm considered your close friend. ^_^

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The end. The destination.