Harry Potter and the Chamber of Khmer Secrets


I read the paper this morning, and I came across this editorial entitled Harry Potter and the Chamber of Khmer Secrets. Well I was immediately drawn to it the moment my both eyes were laid upon its very headline. Though I had never liked reading the Opinion Section in any newspaper, I was more than willing to give it a go.



I was very pleased at the sight of J. K. Rowling in the article. I was under the impression that she was going to pay Cambodia a visit or something. But it was before long that I found out that she had donated the rights of translating the second volume of Harry Potter series, the story of a magical saga of a three teenage students, to Cambodia. What an honour! The translated version is expected to play a part in encouraging the Cambodian kids to take up reading as their habit. Since the story takes the reader's hand into the magical world so perfectly brought to life by J. W. Rowling, it is much anticipated that the kids will be mesmerized by all the flying broomstick, the magical wand, and the like.



Hopefully the translation work will not be so bad! I have got Thai friends who are as fascinated by every plot in the story as I am. But I did read in English, while they read in Thai. So hopefully the kids will be able to experience sheer magic by merely keeping their fingers ready to flip through the pages. If there is any book that makes it hard to put down, this must be it!


Comments

Unknown said…
wow, that's nice :)
Sopheary said…
That's nice. Though it's always questionable to me why it is so hard to put the book down when it's so easy for me to do so. I couldn't finish even five pages.
Rithy said…
I have just taken reading as my habit when having nothing to do, especially when sitting infront of my computer...but i read newspaper in stead of stories...
To Hour: yeah, wow!

To PM: That's cos you dun even give it a genuine try!!

To Thy: yeah, that's good, man! The whole world is at your fingertips, with the newspaper on your lap:-D

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)