GJC and me

I am sitting at one corner of Gloria Jean's Coffee Shop, and from where I am settling down, I have observed my student Dara for the past 10 mins, seeing him reaching here and there in his black uniform bearing the shop's name, and smiling to all the customers who undoubtedly come from vastly different walks of life. He mostly converses in English since few of the customers here are Khmer in native. I could tell he loves his job! And quite surprisingly I think I love his job too! Suddenly I imagine myself in the States, dressed up in something very similar to what he is wearing, running here and there pleasing the customers, with a big wide grin on my face. I know a less ambitious side of me just wants to try something like this, wants to experience the sheer joy that a simple job like this could bring to my life. One day when I get to study overseas in countries like the States or Australia, I will definitely be the first in line to sign up for such a job:)

Comments

u know what? i went to GJC about 3 or 4 days this week. And, surprisingly, on the day that I didn't go, u happened to go there even if it was raining... hmm...

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)