The watch and a lesson learnt

So, my broken watch is fixed!!! YAYYYYY!!! Before you go, "Dude, seriously? You seriously are going to blog about A WATCH?", I feel the need to defend myself against your prejudgment. First of all, yes, it is about a watch! But this entry sheds light, not so much on the physicality of the watch, whose appearance is, with little doubt, attractive to the point where you cannot resist laying your fingers on, but on an important lesson even a watch--a soulless, heartless, and mechanical piece of metal--can teach us, or at least, me about life and love. Well, I got hold of the watch two years ago, and it was a birthday gift from my elder brother. Radiant and sporty, the watch won my heart. The lust I had for the watch did not last long, though, and before i knew it, I started taking it for granted. I rarely rubbed its face clean with a piece of cotton or anything. I sometimes was too careless to the point where I smacked its face with hard surfaces. Though each time it hurt me, I got over the pain and moved on very quickly. The worst part was when I could go places without it; it was abandoned all by itself in the drawer at home, probably crying its heart out--if it had had a heart, to begin with. People got broken at hearts when the pain kept jabbing at them. So did this watch of mine. On one hot stuffy day, I rummaged the drawer for the watch, and there it was, still and helpless, lying where I had placed it weeks before, DEAD. Yes, dead! It took me just a few minutes to figure out why--one of the hands was broken and lifeless. After giving a few shots of trying to fix it, I easily gave up, and moved back to one of my older watches, older but still well functioning. Days drew into weeks, and weeks drew into months. The more I looked at the watch I was wearing, the more my heart ached for my broken watch in the drawer. I simply missed it so badly. Finally I decided to get it fixed, and you had no idea how much joy was swelling up in my chest when I received the call from the Romanson shop saying, "It's fixed! Please come get it asap." Now that the watch is around my wrist once again, i am happier than the first time i took hold of its possession. The watch brought into the spotlight the nature of the humans, and as cliche as it has always been, it is undeniable that there is every ounce of truth in this saying: "You never know how much it matters till it is gone".

Comments

oh my god! even a broken watch can make u write this... i'm so impressed, mate! write more write more!! :D
hahaha inspiration just kept coming, man :D

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)