HOSPITAL...

I was standing at the foot of her bed, eyeing her and wishing more than anything to be of some help to her. She was apparently having difficulty breathing after the surgical operation. How difficult? I had no idea! Maybe it was too profound, a level at which I would never wish to find myself at. For the first time, I understood the kind of disturbing feeling when someone was truly worried. And for the first time too, I understood how grateful and “warm” it felt like to be surrounded by such relatives as mine. Silence was hanging in the air, occasionally broken only by some random coughing, and beeping of the “machine”. All eyes were fixed upon my cousin who was lying there on her white bed sheet motionless. Once in a while, I stole a glance at my aunt who seemed to have aged a lot in the past couple of hours, and who, from the looks on her pale face, was the most haggard-looking of all. All of a sudden, a thought struck me. What would happen if she…? I slapped my face guiltily for having dared to even think of such a bad thing when the rest were—I am sure—praying for the best. And then another stupid thought of mine flashed through. How would I be feeling right now if it were me lying there? How much pain would I be going through? How would my parents be feeling? I resumed my thoughts as the iron bars I was resting my hands upon began shaking. Then through my specs, I witnessed her jerking uncontrollably in her unconscious state. Everything happened so fast. Some rushed out of the room. Some others dived for her bed. And before I even knew it, my hands found their way on her feet already as if it would help. I glanced around and my eyes fell upon my aunt outside the ward who was literally crying, and then upon my other cousin who was rubbing “something” into my aunt’s forehead. And now her condition has improved. Not much, though! But improved, yes! According to the doctor, she is safe and sound now, much to our relief!

Comments

Unknown said…
Oops, ven, i heard that from ya last saturday :( pity her :( anyway, wish she be better soon! Heh ven, nice new view huh!!! no longer black hahha.. but still the background is black :P, so still BLACK :P
Sopheary said…
Hope she will recover soon. Don't worry, she'll be warded off from evils.

Like your new theme. It's not black anymore, but it's still the dull color--kinda chocolate--and it still represents your skin. Hehe
Anonymous said…
Hope she will recover and be discharged soon.
Anyway, unlike others, I fell that dark theme is nice and cool! :D
Thanks guys....she's fine now. She was discharged from the hospital this afternoon...:-)

And yeah..it's chocolate...i loe chocolate and black...heheh

I think black is cool too, vattey:-)

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The end. The destination.