A Friday Night

It is 8 30 at night now, and i am still stuck at school, no thanks to the bad traffic after the torrential downpour. From the tiny little window that overlooks the pond, I could see the long line of cars inching forward bit by bit. Certainly the drivers must be feeling sick to death! But some people would also be probably enjoying it. Who wouldn't want some long private time with his girlfriend all by themselves in the car? Any fool would not wish to miss such a chance, especially when the rain is still drizzling like this. All they would probably need is just a nice romantic song to set just the right mood. Too bad that I am stuck here! Feeling exhausted to the core already. I am really craving for my soft comfortable bed at this hour. This is the first week at school after the vacation, yet I am feeling absolutely overstretched. This is one of the longest weeks ever remembered! They say time flies when you are enjoying something, and they say time sort of freezes during moments of suffering or torture. And I think there is every truth in it. Sigh...all I could do is whining about this all the time. Oh dear! Though it is Saturday tomorrow, which is supposed to be a day for some recreational activities, there is this stupid staff meeting I can't miss. What the heck! Couldn't my schedule be a little less packed? Well guess I need to get going. I can't just wait here all the time.

Comments

Unknown said…
I hate it too back then. Everytime I left work late, the traffic jam always sadden me!! Sigh.. here i never see traffic jam at all :D given to how people's attitude towards traffic and law. :) that's great!!!
Rithy said…
yeah, dude...you looked sick the very recent time we met...hope to see you getting better the next time we meet again, not the worse...i know how you take your teaching seriously, but how seriously you take care of your health should not be ignored. Take it a bit easy and relaxed if you can.......
To Hour: yeah dude, that's definitely one of the best things about Japan. No traffic, no lateness. That's why punctuality is the first priority!!

To Thy: I guess I was kinda feeling pretty bad back then, but I was better after talking to you all:-D Anyway I am intact now, and I am learning to take one step backward so that the pressure will be lessened.
Unknown said…
Man sometimes pressure can kill people. Just make sure that you do something about it. I would be feeling down each time I feel depressed. Here i'm only stress with study and loneliness, nothing else besides this and what I had when I was in Cambodia. I guess go out to see the world sometimes would do you good man, but of course don't drive car in the evening :P traffic jam! Here, never, since I arrived here.

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)