28/04/09

It is so uncomfortable being wrapped in this sweat-stained shirt and having the whole sticky experience. Really need a cool soothing shower! Wish there was a bath tub in the middle of my room so that I could watch TV, take a bath, and do all the lesson planning at the same time. Just left my school though I was supposed to do so a few hours ago. I start to feel that time sort of zooms past you in a flash. One moment you start teaching, and the next moment when you look at your watch, it is 5pm. And it is all about rushing here and there now! As a student, I never bothered to notice how hurried my lecturers always seemed to be. It is only when I become one of them do I realize how hard my legs and feet have to work collaboratively together so that my whole exhausted body could be spinned around.
Anyway starting to get the feeling that I am closer to BC 21. I am not sure it is because of their friendliness towards me or the other way around. Given the nature of the subject I have to teach, Reading, the class is supposed to plunge into the deadly state of boredom. It is, luckily, on the contrary. The moment I set foot into that very class, I feel this surge of energy, the kind of energy that sparks my enthusiam for teaching. I see those smiling faces ready to absorb. And I do not know how it happens exactly, but I just sort of transform into more than just a regular lecturer. I become an entertainer. I make them laugh and I laugh at their jokes, and we laugh along with one another. This whole laughing effect ripples throughout the class. I have to admit that I enjoy their company as much as they enjoy mine. Hopefully things will just go this way between us:-D

Comments

Unknown said…
I think you're too stress out dude. You need motivation and so do your students. Must not teaching and studying all the time man. Personally, honestly I don't like being taught all the time. Make them do something, activities so that they won't feel bored or sleepy. You know, this morning, I was asked to join a lecture about KANJI, the Japanese's chinese character. The teacher talked all the time and I felt so sleepy :( haha.. so i slept lolz. I'm also stress out see? Take it easy dude. I know you're bound to be a teacher given your skill so your students like you very much :) keep it! Jia you!
Rithy said…
Regarding the whether thing, i know what you mean by sweat-stained shirt..M experiencing the same at the moment man given the fact that my room is the hottest room ever in the whole world. I am thinking of setting up an air conditioner soon since i am going to contribute some money for bills..you can do the same thing dude..you earn much more than i do..

well, m glad its a good start for you for the new term..and m hoping you will have more chic students joining you. Just remember i wouldn't mind being shared some information about them, phone number or the like.....
Unknown said…
Seem like people are complaining about the weather here. hehe. I have nothing similar to ya. You know? It's quite cold here in the morning and the night. so I don't even have the air-con in my room, but two heaters instead. I guess I started to like this weather now, the mild one, just around 15-20 is ok for me. In July the weather will be hotter, I don't know if I can stand it. I heard even hotter than in Cambodia in some parts of Japan. Sigh... Hope my place is not that hot since it's still cold here while some other places are getting hotter now.

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)