Little Hong, and his big struggle...

The trip to KPS was exhausting but it was worth all the long drive all the way from PP! It was certainly a breather for me, giving me the chance to gasp for fresh pristine air away from the hustle and bustle of the polluted PP city life. And from this trip I learnt a touching life story and suddenly it brought back memories again! Sometimes all it takes is just a little nostalgic goodie like this story i am going to share to really knock some senses into you, to really remind you that there are so many things in your life that you should be thankful for, and to really make you realize that whining is what a baby does and that it will not bear you any fruit.

Anyway, let's just skip things a bit and then move to the core part. It all stemmed from this visit of an old relative who also happened to be my dad's old co-worker. However, it had been quite a while since they last kept in touch, no thanks to the arguments they had had at the workplace. Since then less was spoken of him, and eventually his name was no longer mentioned within our walls.

However, fate brought them back together again during our visit. He was still a tall, strong-built man who looked very serious. I always got creeps looking him in the eyes, for every time he stared at me, it was with that pair of X-ray, sharp eyes. But I felt less intimidated now! Anyway, i could feel the sense of delight of being able to finally run into each other again after so many years of losing touch. And there was no anger. No resentment. It was pure joy! It was before long that he made a phone call to his son, his daughter, and his step wife to come over to the beach where my family and I were hanging around.

Hong, together with his little sister and his step mother, arrived sooner than we expected. When I saw Hong, the now 13-year-old lad dressed like an adult--he way of dressing of whom was quite not something kids his age would agree with, I was amazed at how a kid his age could look as mature and serious as he was! The last time I saw him was when he was this 7 years old annoying kid! He was real pain the butts to me back then! However, he was motherless ever since then, for his mother died of cancer. I am sure being motherless shaped and molded him into someone he is now, someone serene-looking, but filled with such sadness and mystery on his face. I learnt from his father that Hong almost got himself run over by the truck, and it was sheer luck that he came out of the accident little scathed.

I find a source of inspiration in a kid like him. In him. He teaches me an important lesson, and that is people can have so many excuses for not doing what they have to, but in the end of the day, they know that you have to finish what they set out to complete. So instead of whining and blaming how unfair life is, these people need to gather the courage from within and go against all odds to achieve something they are supposed to achieve!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The end. The destination.