Marriage

Marriage! Yeah, marriage! This word now is mentioned more ridiculously often within my earshot, and it is obviously reflective of the fact that I am getting older in age with each ticking second and that marriage is somewhat around the corner. This being said does not necessarily imply that I am in desperate need of the tying of knots! However, I do not deprive myself of the opportunity to genuinely consider what makes up my ideal marriage either.

Getting married is no child's play, and it means a whole lot more than its ceremonial nature. Getting married is about understanding, compromise, commitment, responsibility and love. Couples who think they can persevere against all odds simply because of pure love are wrong! At least, I think they are! And while people often grimace at the thought of being married to someone arranged by their parents, it is not always true that love marriage does bring so much joy either!

Speaking of arranged marriage, I am reminded of my brother's upcoming marriage--though I am in so much doubt as to when it is exactly. Love marriage does not work for my brother! It does not not because he has never fallen in love, but it does not simply because he has given so much love and care to my family that he has time for boyfriend-girlfriend relationship ups and downs. Therefore, when it comes down to something like marriage, my big brother becomes kinda small. He needs mentoring from my parents, and though I have little experience myself, I often jump in to make my voice heard about what is good and what is not about marriage.

While a more rational part of me wants to see my brother walk along the aisle holding the bride's arm, another sensitive side kind of dreads it! Though I am close to my both brothers, I am on better discussable terms with my elder. He is a brother, and a friend at the same time. The thought of smelling no more presence of his in the house sort of saddens me. I am sure my home will be incomplete without him around. And though my parents have never mentioned this, I could tell they also feel the the incompleteness coming. But I am sure we all will learn to be more adaptable physically and emotionally.

Wish my bro all the best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)