Nighttime

It is already 11 at night, and given how exhausted I am with the marking, I should have already fallen into the delicious slumber, but I just feel that there are so many things at night, especially at this late hour of the night, to enjoy. To me, it is during this hour of tranquility that everything is at its best blossoming period.

Gazing out of the window, I can barely see anything. But there is something about this darkness and quietness that really gives me the comfort, the kind of comfort that soothes the day-long exhaustion. And I am wondering whether the dimly-lit rooms I see across my room are occupied by people who love nighttime as much as I do, or whether the lights in those rooms are still on simply because they stay up late to finish off their tasks, much to their frustration.

The best thing about it is the sense of peace that I get to experience. For some good hours, at least, I do not have to bear with the boisterous hustle and bustle of life. Nor do I have to give a damn about the on-going competitve nature of the world. At least, the revolving world seems to come to a halt. No more fast pace of life. I can do things slowly at your own pace taking pleasure in each slow-ticking second.

And for these very reasons, I feel it is such a waste of opportunity to shut your eyes closed and fall deep into your sleep early. It is like you deprive yourself of the chance to witness the much tender side of the world at night. And for these reasons, I have become a night owl!

Comments

love it.... how can i agree more? the only difference between me and u is that u're a night owl, and m a vampire.. :P
hehe... which is better, vampire or night owl? hehe
of course, vampire.. :D

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)