daughter

I have heard of couples divorcing as a result of their so many differences that could not be bridged. I have heard of children clinging to their father or mother, pleading for a reunion again. But for the first time in my entire life, I have just heard and seen a daughter wanting a divorce for their parents. A daughter who fuels the burning flame every time their parents argue. A daughter who is better at taking sides than at being a mediator. A daughter who has the most despicable guts to insult the very woman who gave birth to her. A daughter who forms an alliance with her mother's enemy. A daughther who is so loathesome in every possible way!

People say that she is possessed! And I have to admit there are times I wish it was true! At least that would alter my perception about her wrongdoing. At least that would be an excuse! But I know it too well that she is not. Pangs of nostalgia strike me when I flip through photo albums, the precious collections of our youthful, carefree upbringing. I never fail to look at those eyes that stare straight into mine, that pair that reflects no anger, resentment or hatred. How I wish everything would just be the same!

I hate to say "bong" to her now! I hate how she always fakes a smile in return. And I hate how she always turns away immediately after that without a word. When I stare at her, I feel as if I was looking at a total stranger. And there are just so many questions I want to ask her. Why have you become this way? What is wrong exactly? Why all this resentment and hatred towards your very own mother? What has she done so wrong that you cannot spare a word of forgiveness? How could you trust someone else than your own mother? Why?...

Comments

Sopheary said…
Gosh! I've never met such a daughter too. But then there might be something that u could understand only if u were her. I believe that no one hates the ones who love us.
Unknown said…
so the effect from the quarrel of parents to the child is so strong...
Unknown said…
Is it your bro's case anyway? eh, pm, we were writing at the same time see? i just published and ur comment appeared. but then urs was first hehe :(
To PM: been trying to understand! But the more I try to, the more it is apparent that she is so caught up in false assumptions. Despite how much ppl try to prove her wrong, she always takes an uncompromising stance!!

To Hour: partly, yeah! But all the argument and everything starts from her, and she makes sure everything does not stop there...And it's not my bro's case...
Unknown said…
hmm i see. it's hard then. so where you got it from? your chika? :P lolz kidding!!!
Guy! Sometimes, the more u think, the more it's getting worse. Perhaps what you can see is the just the cover, but u have no idea how the content of the book is like. Ppl may blame people who commit suicide, but only if we were in the same condition, then we would know how hard it would feel. Same goes to this story! I'm not on any side, but dun judge a book by its cover. I believe that things happen for a reason. So until you can find the true reason then.. :) hope everything is still great!
To gaara: trying to uncover the truth!! Hopefully i am wrong

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)