KTV and me

Call me a weirdo, for I admit I do not fall into the same category that 80% of  the other Cambodian men of my age do when it comes down to KTV--adult KTV, to be exact.

While there is no doubt I love singing, I definitely do not fancy the idea of being next to a strange KTV woman, hugging her and pretending to enjoy her company. For one thing, to me, it feels like paying 1/3 of your salary so that you can sit next to a completely strange woman whose face you can barely see in the dark and who shares no bond with you in whatsoever way. Yes, you may argue the concept of bonding sounds anything but lame when sexual fulfilment is what matters. Also, as much as I hate admitting this, I cannot help but think in details about those so many older guys who have gone overboard and laid their hands all over her way way before me. And as much as I hate to admit it, the though just sort of disgusts me. Moreover, it makes little sense to me when friends end up going for adult KTV after claiming they have not met for a while and therefore want to catch up with one another. All they ever do is not to sit down and talk about life in general, which is something reflective of how they wanna know about one another, but to be so into faking talks with strange women sitting next to them.
In a way it sort of saddens me to have to come to terms with the realization that KTV-ing is the hottest favourite pasttime for Cambodian men--young and old alike!

Comments

hottest favourite pasttime for Cambodian men? NOT for me! I hate it... I loathe it to the core. And I hate those who do that as well. People should be more civilized to realize that this action is completely stupid and unacceptable.
Unknown said…
1. It's just a matter of perspective.
2. Civilization is observation of human rights.
3. Stupid is a social stigma.
4. Hate and Unacceptable are clearly personal preferences.
5. Cambodian Men is overgeneralization.
Lolz don't take it personal ... Its just a matter of perspective
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

A Deep Ocean of Secrets