Nicholas and me

This is a new addition to the existing Nicholas family. I am not quite sure whether it's the latest release, though. For those of you who have read a number of my written pieces, and for those of you who have read some of the bestsellers by Nicholas, you guys probably sense the fact that my writing is greatly influenced by his. I know placing myself on a pedestal side by side with him is a huge self-compliment I do not deserve, but if you are being more analytical, you will be able to pinpoint quite a number of commonalities between the features of my writing and his. But then I owe thanks enormously not only to him but also to J.K.Rowling. As a matter of fact, her seven Harry Potter books have enriched me with a big fat source of vocabulary. I have picked up words that are so useful for my writing from her. Though these two prolific authors excel in different genres, there is no doubt they have changed my life as an amateur writer. Anyways, hopefully, this book will keep me busy for a few days. Frankly speaking, I am not really into romances anymore probably because I have aged. I cannot help but feel that romances are not going to help me out with my career or even in the relationship life since they are usually quite dramatized to the point where I doubt if they exist at all in reality. I find myself being more engrossed in people's biographies or histories. It's true that reality as found in those is boring compared to the romantic fantasy created by Nicholas, so overpowering that you wish you were the character, but I am too old for the sheer enjoyment of lying on the soft and comfy couch by the window pane getting carried away in those romantic dreamlands. But yeah since I have read too many romances, my knowledge of whose books to read when it comes to non-fiction books is brought into question. I need suggestions from friends in this regard, for sure. But as for now, let's get lost in "A Bend in the Road" a bit before the harshness of reality hits again.

Comments

oh man! Never put J.K. Rowling and Nicholas Sparks in the same sentence. I don't like Nicholas Sparks. J.K. Rowling is the best. She has a way of writing that can express the emotion of the characters perfectly. I wish she continues writing other novels. :(
Lolz man Nicholas isn't bad. But yeah J.K. Rowling is good
Ok she is brilliant. No doubt, man. As I have read, no writer besides her who has made it to becoming a millionaire lol
Sopheary said…
U're influenced not only by his writing style but also by his emotions, I think.
Pinkii Pumpkin said…
i have collection from Nicolas Spark, man. Never thought of having you addicted into him too :P
well, dei ksach knows very well about this.

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)