Happiness

I was once told by Kintan that "a person only needs three things to be truly happy; someone to love, something to hope for, and something to do". But i think something is missing here. Something so crucial that missing of which will bring about anything but the most sought-after happiness. I cannot agree more that being loved is just as important and as fundamental to any living creatures as it can be. But then the term "happiness" itself is controversial in nature. Its definition varies significantly among different individuals, and so far, in the face of a whole string of odds, varied number of definitions even abounds as more and more people start to ponder a lot about what it is like to be truly happy.

To be very honest, I often find myself rapt in thoughts about this happiness issue, and each time the same plethora of nagging questions keep surfacing, each spinning my head even more. Does what am i doing make me happy at all? Why do i still have to shoulder everything i am shouldering now since nothing but sorrow is my companion most of the time? Should i just give up everything and try to live a simple, carefree life? Why is happiness so important, anyway? After all, is there a soul on this earth who has genuinely experienced the true happiness? If no, what am i still struggling for?

Though fully aware of the very truth that these thoughts are not very healthy at all, i can do nothing but to let myself get carried away into some mysterious, imaginary, thoughts-filled world. Like Vattey said, too much reflection is definitely a disease to the brain, but so is too little reflection. Sometimes when i am totally free from all those dull and backbreaking school tasks, I do a lot of thinking. Random thinking. My bro even once said that i'd go insane one day if this persisted.

Comments

Unknown said…
I go to ur bro's side, Ven, if carrying on this, u will be driven insane dude! To be honest, I'm such a person who thinks every second. My brain keeps thinking abt this and that... a lot... I used to question myself how to be happy, to lead a happy life, how to be loaded also!@ :) greedy sometimes haha... but i dun noe how to do besides thinking. I dun know how to stop thinking also! :(
To Ice: then dun drag me along when you suddenly go insane, ok? Well, i think life is about thinking of ways out. Better ways, in fact. I think before we decided to opt for whatever path we are walking on now, our brain had already weighed pros and cons and all. But somtimes, despite such careful decision, we just feel that happiness is nowhere to be found.sigh...
Unknown said…
hahha, don't worry! it's too early to say that dude... Rest assured that i won't drag u along with me if i go insane cuz then no friend would take care of me after going insane had i taken u wif haha.. lolz.. jk only! well, sometimes it doesn't mean that what our brain had foreseen is always true for us lah!
Hehehe...sure sure, i'll visit you more often at the mental hospital, dude hehehe...Oh! Remember? I AM A PSYCHIATRIST!!! hahaha...wel, true! there is a saying that "seeing is believing" , but i think seeing only enables you to see a small part of the larger whole. Never a complete picture!
Unknown said…
hahha are u? i wonder if u are dude! Well, u visit me at the mental hospital? oh since when u become the mental hospital visitor? haha... active visitor! cool man!
Hehehe...you know why i visit the mental hospital often? Simply cos i've got three friends there: Tha, Paul and puthy hahahha...
Unknown said…
hahah, how come tha is there man? He said he long forgot all those mental problems lah... haha so u're such a good friend huh... i thought u were one of them lolz.

Popular posts from this blog

A stranger within YOU

HAPPY St. Valentine's Day!

The Good Old Time (2003)